I have now mastered all my favorite flavors in pudding! I started out with vanilla pudding because it was easiest. Then I made caramel pudding. Now — I have made chocolate pudding and I cannot begin to tell you how easy it was to do!
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa or carob powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Good dash salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a two quart sauce pan combine the cornstarch, cocoa, sugar and salt. Mix it together really good.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking it in until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the pan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring the pudding to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the butter and vanilla. The pudding will thicken as it cools.
- Pour the pudding into a large serving dish or several small ones. Serve warm or chill in the refrigerator.
- Top with whipped topping.
You can also freeze the pudding into pops! That is my next thing to try