Today we have a special recipe feature from a guest blogger. I hope you enjoy it as much as she enjoys making delicious and healthy food for everyone.
Anela Tripkovic is a recipe creator and writer who publishes insightful food and diet-related articles on Kiss My Keto. Anela earned her master’s degree in nutrition at the University of Sarajevo, Center for Interdisciplinary Studies.
She believes that the keto diet should be simple and accessible to everyone, which is why she began creating keto-friendly recipes that can fit everyone’s lifestyle, schedule, and budget. Follow Anela on Medium and LinkedIn
Keto Pancake Cones
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tbsp KMK Snickerdoodle baking mix
- Butter, for frying
To serve with:
- ¾ cup whipped mascarpone
- ½ cup mixed berries
- Make the pancakes; In a food blender, combine cream cheese, eggs, and KMK mix
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat some butter in a skillet.
- Slowly drop the pancake batter on the griddle using a tablespoon. The pan should be hot enough so the pancake batter starts to cook immediately on contact.
- As the pancake batter is runny, to get circular pancakes, slowly pour on the pancake batter so it thickens as it comes in contact with the griddle. That way, the batter doesn't all quickly spread around the pan in random shapes.
- Help spread the batter outwards and into a circle shape with the back of a spoon. Use 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
- Cook for 1 minute per side.
- Use an offset spatula to remove from the pan and set a sheet of paper towel on top – this is to protect your hands from the heat. Immediately form the pancake into a cone. Let them cool while you continue with remaining batter.
- Fill the cones with mascarpone and berries. Serve.