Okay y’all — if you know me AT ALL, then you know my love for pizza. So when I saw an amazing recipe for Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust, I knew that my prayers had been answered — cause when a girl is trying to diet and lose weight, pizza is her #1 enemy.
This recipe is also gluten-free and paleo so if you are following either of those diets, then this is the perfect way to have your pizza and eat it too!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix everything together together in a large bowl and then spread evenly on a greased pan. When I did mine I made the first batch a little too thin, so make your crust about 1/2" thick when spreading it out.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes without any toppings on it.
- When you are ready to assemble your pizza, make sure that you have precooked your toppings (crusted up your pepperoni, browned your sausage, etc), because you are going to put your sauce and toppings on your pizza and then throw it under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
So — there you have it! A perfectly delicious pizza crust that you can make and eat and not feel guilty at all.
One of the questions I was asked on Instagram was whether the crust tasted like cauliflower or not. To me — no it does not. The flavors of the pizza toppings and sauce mask any flavor of cauliflower that might be hanging around. Does it taste like bread crust? No — it taste like a cheesy and delicious pizza crust.
Have you ever made this delicious pizza crust before?