When I was a little girl, I loved going over to my friend's house. Her mom made these delicious, soft and chewy cookies. Each bite was filled with the chocolatey goodness of M&M candies. Today — I decided to make that Old Fashioned M&M Cookies recipe for my family, and as I suspected — it was a total hit.
This recipe is one of those kind you want to pass down to your children so that they can, in turn, pass it down to their.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups candy-coated milk chocolate
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well. Add 3/4 cup of M&M candies.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 9 to 11 minutes, to your liking.
Making cookies like the ones above are not hard if you keep your pantry stocked and your recipe box full!
Do you have a favorite old fashioned cookie recipe?