My recipe for Gluten Free Chicken broccoli pasta has a secret ingredient that I cannot wait to tell you about! Keep reading for the recipe and my new favorite pasta ingredient.
2018 kicked my butt y'all. I mean for real. I started back in February of 2018 trying to work out and lose weight and eat better — and while I did good for a while, I got way off track when my mother in law passed away.
Our family started stuffing our feelings with food, and I gained back 10 of the 21 pounds I lost.
Finally, at the end of the year, I said NO MORE. I knew I needed to change my eating habits again. I had started feeling sluggish and tired all the time.
That sick feeling from eating too many over-indulgent foods was creeping back in. So, I started doing research on how to eat better and what changes I could make to my diet without giving up the flavor.
Did you know that one of the healthiest things you can add to your daily food intake is bone broth? I didn't either, but once I read about all the health benefits, I knew I was going to be finding ways to get this delicious broth into my diet.
Why I Love Kitchen Basics Original Chicken Bone Broth
The thing that I love about the Kitchen Basics Original Chicken Bone Broth is that not only is it packed full of flavor, but it is SO HEALTHY FOR YOU! For example — One serving (one container for the 8.25 oz. size) contains 10g of protein which is 20% of the daily recommended amount.
How to Make Gluten-Free Broccoli Chicken Pasta
The star of this dish is not the pasta or the veggies, or even the chicken. The star of this dish is the bone broth! It's super hearty and filled with delicious flavor made from real bones, organic vegetables, herbs, and spices. The Kitchen Basics bone broth is savory and comforting and it offers a richer and bolder flavor than most traditional chicken broths.
This dish comes together so quickly! Everything is cooked in one pan, which means you can have a delicious healthy dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Once the chicken is done, I remove it from the pot and then add about 1/4 cup of the bone broth and scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Then I add in my pasta noodles and 2 1/2 boxes of the Kitchen Basics Bone Broth.
You don't have to have all the pasta covered. As it starts to soften, it will all sink into the broth. Now, turn the heat down to medium and place a lid on top. Cook until the pasta is almost done, usually around 7-10 minutes.
Once your pasta is done, remove the lid. The first thing you will notice is that the pasta noodles have soaked all the bone broth up and created this beautiful sauce all on its own!
From this point, throw everything back into the pot with the noodles and mix together. Top with lemon zest and Fresh Parmesan Cheese and chopped parsley for the most delicious and satisfying meal you will ever eat.
Other Ways to Use Bone Broth
- Sip warm and add mix-ins for an extra flavor kick if desired. Examples include:
- Add 1 teaspoon of Miso and 1/8 teaspoon of Japanese Seven Spice to Chicken Bone Broth
- Add 1 teaspoon of your favorite low-carb sweetener and a sprig of fresh rosemary to Beef Bone Broth
- Replace KB Bone Broth for water and broth in applicable recipes, such as when cooking grains, sautéing vegetables, braising meats, making sauces and gravies, and making soups
This dish has quickly become one of my favorites and the best part? I don't have to feel guilty at all about eating it! Don't forget that you can order your own Bone Broth variety pack by checking here.
- 3 cups gluten-free pasta (your choice)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 TBSP butter divided
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut up into 1" chunks
- salt and pepper for flavor
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 8.25 ounce boxes Kitchen Basics Original Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
- Sauté the chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat in 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil, until browned and fully cooked. Don’t worry about it sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add 1/2 cup the bone broth to the pan to deglaze it, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from cooking the chicken and garlic.
- In the same pan, add in the remaining bone broth and the pasta. Turn the heat to medium and place a lid on the top and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped broccoli, lemon juice, lemon zest remaining 1 tablespoon butter, fresh parsley, cooked chicken and Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese has fully melted.
- Serve with extra cheese, lemon zest, and cracked black pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g
Want to try making bone broth homemade? Check out this recipe from wholfully.com