I have another great one pan dinner for you! This one is for a dish inspired by my love for Mexican. These One Pan Steak Fajitas are THE BOMB y'all! They cook up in NO TIME!
The weather is starting to change around here which means that our life is getting ready to get really busy with youth stuff, life stuff, and work stuff. Thankfully I have dinners like this one for One Pan Steak Fajitas to make sure we are not out hitting the drive thru.
I love to find ways to make fajitas with less mess. All the splattering that goes on when you make this kind of food on the stove has me saying, no thanks.
I find myself cleaning up grease everywhere. Not interested in the least little bit.
So, last year I started experimenting with making one pan dinners (you may remember this amazing Chicken and Veggies dish I made) with almost no mess whatsoever.
That got me to thinking about how I could turn my favorite Mexican foods into one pan sheet dinners — like my BBQ Chicken Nachos, and now — these Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas are where it’s at.
My family LOVES them and they’re perfect for quick, easy dinners. Just marinade everything for a about 15 minutes, but if you can do longer, a couple hours (or overnight) works best.
You can do it in a simple marinade using my delicious fajita mix and then pour everything onto a sheet pan. Roast for 20-25 minutes and…voila…dinner.
Amazing served with tortilla chips, or if you are adventurous, you can try your hand at making your own tortillas!
How to Make One Pan Steak Fajitas
This is simply an amazing dish that you will want to make for your family again and again and again — and the fact that you will only have one dish dirty makes it even better, right?
What is your favorite one pan sheet dinner?
- 1 1- pound ribeye steak cut into thin slices across the grain
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 8-10 corn or flour tortillas
- chopped cilantro
- Mexican toppings of your choice -- black olives, tomatoes, limes, sour cream, jalapenos
- Place the steak, peppers and onion in a large zip top bag. In a small bowl, whisk together the fajita seasoning, oil and water. Pour the mixture into the bag and press out the air. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using tongs, remove the meat and vegetables from the bag. Arrange in a single layer (the best you can) on a baking sheet and discard the marinade. Roast the fajita mixture in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
- Serve with tortillas topped with chopped cilantro, sour cream and jalapeños, if desired.