This week for #15MinuteSuppers, all of us ladies put our heads together and decided to make this burger week. Each one of us were challenged to think outside the box and create a delicious burger that could be made in 15 minutes or less. For me, that meant I wanted to use one of my favorite ingredients –pimento cheese. Ladies — here is a delicious rendition of a burger that will make your mouth water — my Pimento Cheese Burger.
Now — you could buy store bought pimento cheese, but if you really want your burger to sing, make up this delicious pimento cheese spread earlier in the week, so that when you get ready to make your burger, you can have dinner done in 15 minutes flat.
For the Pimento Cheese
- 1-28 oz. Jar or canned diced pimentos, drained
- 2-8 oz. Pkg. Cream cheese, softened
- ¼cup white sugar
- ¼tsp. Onion powder
- ¼tsp. Garlic powder
- A couple dashes of pepper
- 1dash of ground red pepper (optional )
- 1cup mayonnaise (or sour cream for a lighter version)
- 1 cup Colby, Chedder or Monterey jack cheese, shredded
In a medium size bowl cream the cream cheese and mayonnaise till thoroughly combined.
Add seasonings and sugar, blend well. Add shredded cheese. Gently fold in pimentos into cheese mixture.
Place in resealable airtight container. Can be served with crackers, many make sandwiches with it.
NOW … for the burger recipe!
- Homemade Pimento Cheese
- 1 pound of ground beef
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Lemon and pepper for seasoning
- Hamburger buns, buttered and toasted
- Preheat your indoor grill to your desired temperature.
- Take your hamburger meat and divide it into 4 equal patties. Take your thumb and press in slightly on the center to create an indention. This will insure your burger cooks evenly.
- Season liberally with lemon and pepper seasoning and then sprinkle with salt and pepper lightly.
- Take your burgers and grill on your indoor grill for about 5-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your burger.
- While your burgers are cooking, preheat your broiler on the oven. Lightly butter your hamburger buns and place on a cookie sheet, cut side up.
- Brown under the broiler for 1 minute or until desired brownness occurs.
- Once burgers are done, remove from grill and place on a cookie sheet. Top burgers with Pimento Cheese spread and then place back under the broiler for another minute to heat and melt the pimento cheese spread.
This burger is over the top! Be sure to check out the other bloggers in the 15 Minute suppers club!
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Green Chile Stuffed Burgers from Around My Family Table
- Spicy Hot Wing Burger from Cute as a Fox
- Greek-style Gourmet Burgers from Better in Bulk
- Pimento Cheese Burger from Jen's Journey
- Spicy Green Chile Cowboy Burger from Liz on Call
- Sprouts & Avocado Burger from Upstate Ramblings
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Burgers from Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Black Bean Burgers from East Valley Mom Guide
- Southwestern Bacon Cheeseburgers with Guacamole from Mom Endeavors
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.