This weekend, I was watching Food Network (when am I not watching Food Network–right?) Big Daddy's house was on (one of my favorite shows EVER)–He was always my fave Next Food Network Star before he had his own show. I said he was gonna make it big!
Anyway, after watching his show this weekend and seeing Kelsey (his guest host) make her popcorn brittle made ME want to make a batch–so I did and check it out! This recipe was a hit!
I did do mine a bit different than Kelsey. I drizzled the white chocolate but left the regular chocolate whole. This stuff will make you fall in love all over again with food. Seriously.
I never knew how easy it was to make your own Crunch n Munch (which is what this favors). Everyone here gave it a “thumbs up” 🙂
Here is the recipe! Hope you enjoy 🙂
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- Salt, optional
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup salted pretzels, crushed
- Mix the sugar and honey in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix in the crunchy peanut butter. Continue to stir until the peanut butter is smooth, and then add the vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the popped popcorn. If desired, lightly salt the popcorn. Pour the warm peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and stir with a long-handled wooden spoon until completely coated.
- On a baking sheet lined with wax paper, pour the coated popcorn and distribute evenly. Drizzle with the melted semisweet chocolate, and then drizzle with the white chocolate. Sprinkle the crushed pretzels over the warm popcorn. Allow the chocolate to set about 20 minutes (or speed up the process by placing the baking sheet in the refrigerator). Once the popcorn is set, serve in a large serving bowl. Store tightly covered.