When The Rise of Skywalker came out at the movie theaters, my two grown Star Wars kids made a beeline for opening weekend. They could not wait to watch the final installment the Star Wars series.
My kids could not wait because they are both such die hard Star Wars fans.
You can get Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in several ways — from digital edition to blu-ray to 4K Ultra. This is to make sure that everyone gets to view the movie in their own way and get that amazing at the movie experience.
The Multiscreen Edition includes Blu-ray and a Digital copy, giving viewers the flexibility to watch the film on different devices.
Those with 4K Ultra HD capability may opt for a 4K UHD Ultimate Collector’s Edition, including 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and a Digital copy. 4K Ultra HD provides four times the resolution of HD paired with a fully immersive picture and sound and Dolby Atmos audio, allowing viewers at home to practically feel the Force.
About Star Wars – The Rise of Skywalker
The in-home release comes with over two hours of bonus material, including a feature-length, making-of documentary and behind-the-scenes access to the cast and filmmakers who brought the epic scenes and characters to life!
The ninth and final episode in the Skywalker saga welcomed the return of original characters Luke Skywalker, General Leia Organa, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Emperor Palpatine and Lando Calrissian, along with the latest generation of heroes and villains, including Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Maz, Rose, General Hux and Kylo Ren. Newcomers include Jannah, a new ally of the Resistance; Allegiant General Pryde of the First Order; and smuggler Zorii Bliss.
With a vibrant cast that includes Adam Driver and Oscar Isaac, with a luminous Daisy Ridley front and center. Ridley continues to be a unique model of a sci-fi heroine — inquisitive, emotional, funny — she perfectly portrays the character of Rey and inspires so many young girls all over the world. John Boyega particularly shines in this latest Star Wars movie and I truly hope we have not seen the last of him as Finn.
Bonus material includes a feature-length, making-of documentary, which goes behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and explores the legacy of the Skywalker saga.
Bonus features include*:
- The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.
- Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.
- D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid.
- Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.
- Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!
- The Maestro’s Finale – Composer John Williams reflects on his body of work for the Star Wars saga and shares insights on scoring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
I must say I was a bit disappointed that the end of the movie leaves the question of what Finn was going to tell Rey—but if you haven’t found the answer to that yet, go ahed and google it: J.J. Abrams does answer that burning question for us.
On March 31, coinciding with the physical release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, eight Star Wars films are being released on 4K UHD for the first time: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Learn more ABOUT STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER at https://www.starwars.com/films/star-wars-episode-ix-the-rise-of-skywalker.