I love creating easy and yummy recipes that look like they took you forever to make. These Salted Caramel Mocha Truffles are SO darn easy and everyone will think you slaved over them for days.
I think what I love about these little nuggets of goodness more than anything else is the distinct coffee flavor you get when you bite into each one.
These are similar to the truffles you get at Starbucks. You can pair it with my Copycat Caramel Frappucino and you can create your own Starbucks right at home and save yourself a TON of money in the process!
- 3 cups milk chocolate morsels
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 16 ounces melting chocolate
- sea salt, for garnish
- In a double boiler (or a glass bowl over a boiling pot of water), heat cream until warm. Add butter until melted. Add instant coffee and milk chocolate morsels.
- Stir until smooth.
- Take caramel bits and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in 3o second increments until it is smooth and then add to chocolate mixture.
- You now have a ganache.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until ganache becomes set.
- Scoop filling into 1 tablespoon balls roll in hands to create the perfect round ball.
- Drop onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for one hour.
- Melt the Melting Chocolate according to package directions (this is the chocolate wafers in the resealable pouch).
- Dip each truffle on a toothpick into the melted chocolate, tapping the side of the bowl until the excess falls off. Drop onto the parchment paper and sprinkle immediately with sea salt. Repeat until finished.
- Store truffles in airtight container in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
These truffles will not last for two weeks I promise! They will be gone before you know it!
Check out all the other delicious recipes in this #MochaHop.
For more delicious mocha recipes visit a few of my favorite bloggers.
- Chocolate Mocha Protein Shake by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Mocha by Home and Garden Cafe
- Tips to Save Calories and Craft Awesome Mochas at Home by Day by Day in Our World
- Absolutely Incredible Real Pumpkin Mocha Latte Recipe by Pretty Opinionated
- Chocolate Mocha Mug Cake by Upstate Ramblings