Here we go with another mushroom recipe that I have discovered! I love pizza, but I recently found out that I can not eat a FULL crusted pizza, so I either have to opt for thin crust, or you a flatbread, so for this recipe, I made a delicious Sausage and Mushroom Flatbread pizza. This recipe was inspired for the Improv Cooking Challenge that I participate in every single month.
We were given the ingredients of sausage and mushrooms — so I already knew I was going to make a pizza of some sort.
This pizza is really easy to make and tastes so good! You really don't miss all that extra crust you get from a regular pizza. In fact, I think this has become my favorite pizza of all time 🙂
- 1 whole wheat flatbread
- 1/4 cup sausage, crumbled and cooked
- fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1 cup of baby bella mushrooms, sliced and cooked
- parsley for garnishing
- olive oil for brushing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay your flatbread out on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Brush the crust with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Slice your mozzarella and place on the pizza crust. Set aside.
- Take your sausage, crumble and cook in a pan until it is done. Drain it on a paper towel and then sprinkle on top of the cheese.
- Clean out the pan and cook your mushrooms until they begin to get soft and then sprinkle them on the pizza.
- Bake in the oven until the edges of the flatbread are crispy and cheese has melted.
- When the pizza comes out, take chopped parsley and sprinkle on the top of the pizza and then sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the top.
This recipe is a great mushroom recipe! For other recipes in this series — click below —
- Chipotle Mushroom Tacos
- Spinach Egg and Mushroom Scramble
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Mushroom Makeover Week 1
Want to see what other bloggers are making in the Improv Cooking Challenge this month? Check them out below.