When my funds are low and I need a sweet for friends who are coming over or just to have something to soothe my sweet tooth, I make a batch of snickerdoodles.
- 1/2 cup margarine, 1 stick
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar mixed with 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add the egg and mix well. Add all the other dry ingredients(except for the sugar mixed with cinnamon--add this to a bowl all by itself) until everything is combined.
- Shape the dough into balls the size of a walnut, or an egg yolk. Rollthem in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place the coated balls on an oiledcookie sheet. Using the bottom of a smooth cup or glass, press thedough down to flatten the cookies slightly. Bake them at 400° for 10minutes.
What is your favorite cookie that reminds you of family?