I love making my own homemade version of store bought items. There is just something satisfying about being able to create a recipe from scratch — or almost from scratch. That is how I discovered Spicy Homemade Tortilla Chips.
Yesterday, I experimented with making my own nacho style chips. I found the recipe in one of my Taste of Home Magazines.
You will not be able to eat just one.
To make, start by cutting your corn tortillas into fourths. Its easiest if you just stack them up and then use a big knife to cut them down the center. After cutting them, then lay them on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
Next, get all your spices together and mix them up in a pretty pink bowl like mine 🙂 (Just kidding! I like my pink bowl that I use for spice mixing)
After getting all your spices mixed up, then sprinkle them on your tortilla triangles. Be generous and really put a lot on there. It makes it taste SO good 🙂
Now you can bake them off and enjoy them with some soup or guacamole (I did it with a little of both!).
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 corn tortillas, 6 inches
- Cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stack the tortillas; cut into four wedges. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Spritz the wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Making tortilla chips seems to be my specialty of lately. They are super delicious and easy to create for a definite Mexican flare.
What are some of your favorite homemade recipes?