I don’t know if I ever told you about this website or not, but I love The Hillbilly Housewife! Her recipes are awesome and they are easy, frugal, and taste OH so delicious! I recently made her Spicy Oven Potato Wedges.
Last night we had cheeseburgers (click that link to get my delicious jalapeno cheeseburger recipe). With that we usually have french fries, but I was out of frying grease so I wanted something I could fix in the oven that would be quick and easy, but also taste good and have a crunch like french fries. Look at what I found on the Hillbilly Housewife website:
- 2 pounds potatoes, about 4 large
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450º. Measure the oil into a 9 by 13-inch rectangular baking pan. Swirl it around so that it covers the pan evenly. Set aside.
- Scrub the potatoes and cut each into 8 wedges. In an empty bread bad combine the flour and seasonings. Shake to blend. Place the potatoes, a few at a time, into the bag. Close the top and shake the potatoes to coat them with the seasoning mixture. Arrange the coated potatoes, skin side down, in the oiled pan. Continue until all of the potatoes are coated. Bake the potatoes at 450º for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve hot. Makes 6 servings.
These little tater wedgies were so crunchy and yummy! I never would have known they were cooked in the oven! They are even easy enough for our daughter to fix them herself.