I have been eating breakfast every morning — which is SO weird for me. I just don't “do” breakfast. However, now that I have been eating it more and more, I find I need breakfast when I wake up in the morning. Here is a delicious and healthy Spinach Egg and Mushroom Scramble that I discovered during my first week of the Mushroom Makeover Challenge.
- 1 handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/2 of a roma tomato diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add your mushrooms. Once the mushrooms begin to get soft, add in your spinach and garlic and let it wilt. It doesn't take long at all.
- Add your tomato and then the egg. Scramble it all together and then season it with salt and pepper.
- You can serve this for two or eat it all yourself.
This has become one of my most favorite breakfasts besides our morning smoothies we have been making. Between the two, I stay pretty full all day long.
What are some of your favorite healthy breakfast recipes?
Share a link in the comments if you posted one on your blog. I would love to read it!