Yesterday, I shared a yummy recipe for Cinnamon and Sugar Tortilla Chips that I served with Strawberry Salsa.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
The thing that I love about the word salsa is that you can basically mix anything with onions and peppers and dice it up fine, serve it with chips and it becomes a salsa.
This salsa is a sweeter variety salsa. However, once you mix in the balsamic and the salt and pepper, you get a little savory with sweet and the flavors just POP in your mouth.
It’s very easy to make and HEALTHY for you, so you won’t feel bad if you eat the whole entire bowl (which me and my daughter did yesterday so it never made it to ladies movie night out last night).
Here’s the recipe! Hope you enjoy.
- 1 pint of strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, seeded
- and minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the strawberries, green onions, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and lime zest into a mixing bowl. Stir in the lime juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to serve.
This recipe is really versatile and can be played with to change the flavors around.
What is your favorite type of salsa?