One of Kayla’s favorite things to eat anytime we go anywhere is Super Easy onion straws. I did not even realize how easy they are to make! Last week, I decided to try and make her some. These look pretty yummy huh?
These taste great draped over a grilled chicken sandwich with garlic mayonnaise–YUM!
Here’s the recipe! Enjoy
- 1 whole onion sliced into thin rings
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of flour for coating
- 2 tablespoons of Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Slice onions and place in a bowl. Pour milk over onions and let them set for about 30 minutes.
- Mix flour and seasoned salt together.
- Remove the onions from the milk and toss in the flour, coating each one.
- Fry in a deep fryer for about 2-3 minutes or until batter is golden brown.
- Use as a topping on a sandwich or eat as they are!
We usually make a batch of these up in no time. In fact, Kayla has gotten to where she makes them all by herself. Sometimes we bake them in the oven instead of putting them in a fryer.
To bake them, simply turn the oven on to 400 degrees, spray the onion straws with cooking spray and then place them in the oven for 10-12 minutes. You will have to flip them about 1/2 way through the cooking process and then spray again.