Many thanks to Thomas Nelson Bibles for providing a sample of The Abide Bible for this review. Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
Be sure to check out The Abide Experience: 21 Days in John, a FREE Video Devotion featuring Dr. Phil Collins, general editor of the Abide Bible. It's designed around five methods of Scripture Engagement that will change the way you read the Bible!
If you know anything about me is that I live and breathe Jesus. My Bible is my lifeblood because it is a way that I feel so connected to Christ through the words in this amazing book.
When I was asked to review The Abide Bible by Thomas Nelson Bibles, I jumped at the chance. I am always looking for a new bible that will help me get deeper and further in my relationship with the Lord.
The only thing I wish it had is an index on the side. Since it does not have that, I found some cute earth-tone Bible Tabs to add to the side.
Get Deeper Rooted
This bible was created in partnership with Bible Gateway and the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, Its features include articles, book introductions, and practical Scripture engagement prompts based on five ways of engaging deeply with the Bible.
I love that all throughout this Bible there is so many journal prompts. This will really help you dig deeper into whatever God is showing you through His word.
5 Ways to Connect Through The Word
- Praying Scripture: Pattern your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the prayer and gaining language for the thoughts and emotions you want to express.
- Picture It: Place yourself in a biblical narrative as a bystander or participant in important events.
- Journaling: Focus and reflect on Scripture and its meaning for your life, opening yourself to God’s voice as you ponder.
- Engage Through Art: Consider a classic piece of art—photograph, sculpture, painting—and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.
- Contemplate: Follow the church’s longstanding practice of reading, meditating on, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture in order to experience God’s presence through the words of the Bible.
I also love that included with this Bible is a 365-day reading plan.
There are so many great study tools inside that you don't want to miss a moment of The Abide Bible. Not only that, but it has two beautiful colored ribbon markers. It also lays flat when opened, which is a plus in my book!
It has a beautifully soft leather cover as well.
Enter to Win!
One lucky reader is going to have a chance to win their very own copy of The Abide Bible! Leave a comment below letting me know you want to win.
Remember — check out The Abide Experience: 21 Days in John. This is a FREE Video Devotion featuring Dr. Phil Collins, general editor of the Abide Bible. This is a Bible designed around five methods of Scripture Engagement that will change the way you read Scripture.