I bought a watermelon from the store the other day, and while it looked like a good one, once I cut it open, it was a bit grainy in places. I cannot stand watermelon like that. I did some looking around and found a delicious recipe for Watermelon Granita.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
If you find that the watermelon you purchase at the store doesn't fit your taste, this is a great way to use it without wasting it. My first thought after buying mine was to throw it out, but then after finding this recipe, I knew I would never be wasting another watermelon again.
Here's the recipe! Hope you enjoy.
- 1/2 whole Seedless Watermelon, Cut Into Chunks (about 8 Cups Of Chunks)
- 2 whole Limes, Juiced
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- Place half the watermelon, half the lime juice, and half the sugar in a blender. Process until smooth, then pour into a separate bowl.
- Repeat with other half of ingredients. Pour into same bowl as other batch.
- Transfer mixture to a 9 x 13 baking dish. Freeze for two or three hours, then begin the process of lightly scraping the top, frozen layer.
- Put the pan back into the freezer with the shaved ice on top; remove again a couple of hours later and continue scraping. Repeat the occasional scraping process until the entire mixture is shaved. Store, covered in plastic wrap, until serving.
- Serve at dinner or whenever you want a frozen delicious treat!
This is a great summer time frozen treat. This would be great to share with friends on a hot day while watching the kids play.
What is your favorite summertime ice cream or ice treat?