This week all the snow is finally gone and we have been left with tons of rain. I love rain. It reminds me of being washed clean and starting over — which is exactly what happened this week. All the snow was washed away and in it's place, Spring is right around the corner. I. Cannot. Wait.
This week I was inspired a lot by some of my favorite people in the world. I did something this week I haven't done in a long time. I have read a lot of my books and really dug into the words that move and encourage me to do better and to be better.
- I have read my Bible all week long and started following this amazing Bible study plan from Rachel Wojo. I was introduced to her through my friend Kela.
- I've spent time soaking in up a free ebook I got from The Gift of Writing — Soul Writing: Why Writing Your Story Could be the Most Important Thing you Ever Do. I am planning on writing a memoir of my mother to present to my dad on her birthday and this book really helped me make that decision. It has been the final step in my healing process and one day I am going to share that whole journey so that it can help someone else too.
- My friend Lisa wrote a post on her blog recently about What If… It really inspired me to stop worrying about all that and just trust God with the task He has put before me.
- This post on the Mom Initiative about praying for the girl who will be for your son. I have been praying this prayer for years now and hope that one day the woman that my son chooses will share his values and beliefs.
- This post from The Gift of Writing really spoke to me on what it means to be a writer. I AM a writer whether I want to believe that about myself or not.
- This post from Dave Willis has some great tips on how to reduce stress. I SO need to put these tips into practice, especially #3.
- I loved this post on praying for boldness to embrace the vision of your ministry. I am so fearful sometimes to even admit the calling that God has placed on my life.
Recipes That Inspired Me This Week
I have been doing a lot of cooking in the kitchen this week. If you missed my posts about making your own sushi, you can find them here, here, and here. We also made a really yummy mango avocado salsa that goes great on tacos or just eating it with tortilla chips.
Since today is Pi Day, my good friend Crystal from Mrs. Happy Homemaker is sharing 99 different pie recipes in her roundup.
Tammy from Three Different Directions made a delicious Molten Lava Cookie Cake. If it's oozing chocolate, I'm eating it!
That's what I've been reading this week and eating. What has inspired you this week? I would love to hear about it!