This month for the Secret Recipe Club, I was given the blog No Reason Needed to try and find a recipe to re-create. Man — I had a super difficult time because Rachel has SO many delicious recipes. I finally settled on her Zesty Crockpot BBQ Chicken recipe since I am a lover of all things chicken. I did take a different spin on mine though than she did — I shredded mine for sandwiches.
Looking for more easy recipes? Check out my huge database of delicious, homemade goodies.
The crockpot is like my BEST friend, especially anytime I am on a writing deadline and have a lot of posts to get done. I whip out the crockpot, throw some meat and sauce in there and turn that dude on for a quick and delicious dinner meal 🙂
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup zesty italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Arrange chicken in slow cooker.
- Blend together BBQ sauce, italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours. Once the chicken comes out, take two forks and shred it. Place the chicken back into the crockpot to absorb more of the bbq sauce and flavor.
- Place on the top of sandwiches and serve with coleslaw and homemade potato chips.
BBQ Chicken in a crockpot is really one of those meals that you just cannot mess up. The crockpot does the cooking for you and the chicken always comes out juicy and tender.
What have you made in your crockpot recently?