Chocolate Chip Banana Bread-This is a super moist banana bread loaded with ooey gooey chocolate chips. This will be everyone's favorite banana bread recipe from here on out!
One of my favorite desserts to eat is Chocolate Chip Banana bread and it is something that I can make all year round. I used to just make it in the winter time, but now, I make it during the hot summer months as well.
For me, a quick dessert is always good to go with those quick and easy dinners I throw together as well. For me, there is nothing I’d rather do than spend a weekend hunkered down in my kitchen baking away!
This recipe comes together so fast that I always get it ready first thing and throw it in the oven while I am making dinner. This way, once my other food is done, this special dessert is coming hot out of the oven.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This recipe is super moist because it is made with butter as well as sour cream, which not only make it unbelievably soft. Instead of oil which can sometimes leave a dry loaf, the sour cream and butter add a layer of flavor that oil leaves out.
Can You Freeze Banana Bread?
Yes! Freezing banana bread is a great way to save any extras you might have, or double the recipe and save a loaf for later. Just thaw the banana bread at room temperature, and slice and serve! For another great recipe, try this banana hangover smoothie.
How to reheat Banana Bread
- If you have frozen the bread, take it out of the freezer and let the bread thaw completely first. Next, preheat your oven to 350°F, and wrap the loaf in foil. Heat it for 10-15 minutes and it will be as good as new!
- You can also toast slices of leftover banana bread, which is a great way to have a warm individual slice without reheating the whole loaf!
How to Keep the Chocolate Chips from Sinking
A lot of times when people make chocolate chip banana bread, they have the problem of having all the chocolate chips sinking to the bottom.
Toss the chocolate chips in a bit of flour first before adding them to your wet mixture. This will keep them suspended in the right places.
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD:
Making chocolate chip banana bread is a breeze with this easy and simple recipe!
- First, you will want to mash your ripe bananas until they are as smooth as possible. Then, add your sour cream and butter to the bananas.
- Next, just drop in your sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix really well once again!
- Third, add the dry ingredients of flour, baking soda, and salt. This is where it’s important not to over-mix. Mix the batter just until everything is combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chips!
Now, all you need to do is bake the bread! Once it is done, enjoy with a hot cup of coffee. I promise — it will be your all-time favorite dessert ever.
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x5 inch loaf pan with butter and flour, or spray with non stick cooking spray that has flour added.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas until smooth. Str in the melted butter and sour cream. Stir in the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, and flour until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g
Check us out on Facebook to see more recipes. We've even started making food videos!