Spend the Christmas holidays doing all the fun and festive things like having a Grinch party and serving this delicious Grinch Punch!
When the kids were little and the holidays rolled around, I tried my hardest to have fun themed days.
There were times when we would have a Polar Express day, a Winter Wonderland day, but our favorite was always the Grinch Day.
During the Grinch day, we would do fun crafts while we watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas and make goodies surrounding the movie.
How to Make Grinch Punch
To make this Grinch punch, you need a few simple ingredients.
Start by dunking your glass rim in some water. Then, dip the edge in the red sugar crystals. I usually just put them on a plate so that I get an even coat around the edges.
Next, add in 2 scoops of lime sherbet into each glass.
I usually do two scoops because that seems like the perfect ratio, but you can add more if you want.
Next, add in about 1 cup of Green Hawaiian Punch, and then top it off with some Sprite. The Sprite adds the fizzy and really makes the sherbert puff up.
The last part to make it like the Grinch is to add some cute heart sprinkles right on top of the fluffy sherbert.
Then add a fun straw like these and enjoy while you are watching The Grinch.
How to Create a Fun Themed Day for Your Kids
Whenever I wanted to create a fun themed day for my kids, I always set out to do some planning. I made a list of what we wanted to achieve —
- A movie to start
- Fun food centered around the movie
- a craft that would make the movie come alive
- a book to go along with the theme
- and a game that would be awesome as well
To turn this punch into a large enough quantity for a party, simply add all ingredients to a punch bowl.
First, put in an entire container of lime sherbert. Next, add in a whole jug of Green Hawaiian Punch, then one whole 2 liter of Sprite.
Keep the glasses and sugar crystals near and let everyone decorate their own glasses.
- 4 scoops of lime sherbert
- 2 cups of Green Hawaiian Punch
- 1 cup of Sprite
- Red Sugar Crystals
- Red Heart Sprinkles
- Using water, dip your glasses into the water and then sprinkle the red sugar crystals onto a plate.
- Dip the wet glasses in to create a rim of red crystals around the top.
- Add two scoops of lime green sherbert to each glass.
- Now pour in 1 cup of green Hawaiian Punch.
- Add in 1/2 cup of Sprite.
- Top it off with heart sprinkles and a fun straw for the perfect Grinch drink.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 2gSugar: 59gProtein: 2g