One of my new favorite things is using my Briefton’s Spiralizer to make zoodles — which are zuchinni noodles. Veggie noodles are all the new craze which is how I came up with this delicious Shrimp Scampi Zoodles Recipe.
This dish comes together in about 15 minutes and will be tasty and hearty and have every flavor of a good scampi dish that you like — but without all the calories and fat!
Start with your star ingredients —
Then following the recipe below, you will have the most amazing dish you could ever create.
Now — while you can make the noodles by hand, why would you want to when they have this kitchen gadget available?
It makes creating this dish so easy. I have been using it to spiralize everything. I made sweet potato spirals, cucumber spirals, and even potato spirals and all have turned out amazing.
Once you get the noodles spiralized, which is the longest process in this dish, everything else comes together in a snap. When you are done, you will have a meal fit for a queen or a king — and this is great if you are trying to eat low carb or gluten free.
If you make a dish like this, then you won’t feel bad for having a Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza for dessert. It’s all about balance y’all.
How to Make Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ pounds (4 medium-sized) zucchini, spiralized
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes
- Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer; stir in zucchini noodles until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.