This Easy Homemade Fudge recipe is perfect for party platters or just to have as a snack around the house.
This fudge takes just 5 minutes to make and only requires a handful of ingredients for perfectly smooth and creamy fudge every time.
Customize your fudge with chopped pecans or walnuts, or sprinkle the top with crushed peppermint candies, Christmas sprinkles, or flaked sea salt!
For this recipe, you won't find any granulated sugars. If you have ever had fudge made with regular sugar, you will notice that gritty taste and we don't want that. We want a flavorful, but smooth fudge and that is why we use sweetened condensed milk.
How to Make Easy Homemade Fudge
Making this fudge is simple and easy. It takes NO time at all. The hardest part is waiting for it to set up — which takes about 2 hours.
Line a small baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray with non stick cooking spray. I used a 7×11 dish, but you can use a 9×9 or an 8×8 — whatever you have on hand.
In a microwave safe bowl, add 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 3 cups of milk chocolate chips, and 4 tablespoons of butter.
Microwave for one minute. Stir well to combine and allow the heat to melt the chocolate chips. If the mixture isn’t smooth, microwave mixture for an additional 30 seconds or until the mixture is completely smooth. You might have to do the 30 second increments a couple of times to get everything melted and smooth.
Add in the vanilla extract and a tiny pinch of salt. Mix well together. Then, pour it into the pan quickly. Top with your favorite toppings — nuts, sprinkles, sea salt — whatever you want to do.
Let the fudge cool and set at room temperature before cutting. To cool it quicker, place in the refrigerator. Takes about 2 hours to set up completely.
Storing Your Fudge
Fudge needs to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. However, if you want to store it for longer than a month, your best bet is to wrap it in plastic wrap, place in a freezer bag, and freeze.
Check out these other delicious fudge recipes
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups of milk chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil and then spray with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, butter, and chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Return to the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir until the chocolate chips are completely melted through and the fudge is mixed well with the other ingredients. You might have to nuke for 30 second increments a couple of times.
- Add in the vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Mix well together.
- Pour into the pan and then place in the fridge until firm -- about 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 55gProtein: 8g