I am loving all these great healthy recipes I am finding. I recently saw this amazing Coconut Oil Fudge recipe on Pinterest, so we decided to make it just to see what it tastes like. It is like eating a healthy almond joy candy bar.
This is so good and super healthy for you. If you get a chocolate craving and don’t want to eat pieces laden with lots of sugar and such, then you need to make this — pronto.
It takes about half an hour to make this and then you have this plate of fudgy chocolate pieces made with coconut oil, dark chocolate chips, honey, walnuts, and cocoa powder in front of my face.
Then, in just a split second later, they were in my mouth, and it makes me a very happy camper.
Coconut Oil Fudge
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips for garnish
- Pinch of salt
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish (optional)
- Chopped Walnuts, for garnish (optional)
- Using silicone cupcake holders, place them in a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt until very smooth.
- Pour mixture into each cupcake holder. We only fill it about 1/4 of the way full.
- Then sprinkle the shredded coconut on top, as well as chopped walnuts, and dark chocolate chips. Refrigerate it for about an hour.
- Be sure to keep them refrigerated.
You can find more great recipes from our friends at the Village Bakery.
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Creamy Citrus Power Burst Smoothie by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Thumbprint Flower Pot by Upstate Ramblings
- Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Faux Gilded Easter Eggs by How Was Your Day?
- Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins by Food Fun Family
- Strawberry Meringue Dream Clouds by A Day in Motherhood
- Crock Pot Ham Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Baseball Subway Art Printable by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Tuna Noodle Casserole the Whole Family Will Actually Love by Views from the Ville
- Cheesy Irish Soda Bread by Mom Does it All
- Strawberry Mojito Cupcake Recipe by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dr. Seuss Hand print Craft: Thing 1 and Thing 2 by Beyond Mommying
- Taco Pizza by Sincerely Mindy
- Mini Irish Flag Fruit Skewers for St. Patrick’s Day by Baby Loving Mama
- Beeswax and Coconut Oil Tart Melts by Savvy Saving Couple
- Packing the Perfect Plane Bag by The Guavalicious Life
- Easy Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe by The Socialite’s Closet
- Nail Polish Marbled Coasters by Style on Main
- Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe with Potatoes by Roasted Beanz
- BLT Pinwheels by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- How to make Easter Blondie Bites by Mommy Snippets