This recipe for Pecan Cinnamon Sugar Baked Apple Donuts is part of the Fall Flavors Recipe week. Thank you to the sponsors listed below. All opinions listed are 100% my own.
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
You will love how simple and easy these donuts are to make.
Earlier this year, I purchased a couple of baking donut pans. I mean, I love a good yeast donut, but I have recently fallen in love with making baked donuts.
They are so much easier and hassle-free. And the flavor combos you can make are amazing.
For this recipe, I decided to up the flavors some by adding chopped pecans into the cinnamon-sugar mixture that goes on top. I used Millican Pecans because they are my absolute favorite.
I took them and minced them up in the food processor with the cinnamon and it changed these donuts from great to AH-MAZING!
Not only do the pecans set these donuts over the top, but the vanilla bean paste from Taylor & Colledge is what I like to use for all my pastries and donuts these days.
So, let's get down to making these delicious donuts.
How to Make Pecan Cinnamon Sugar Baked Apple Donuts
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
While the oven is heating, combine your dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together.
In another bowl, combine your wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
Now, grate two apples. I love getting apples in my Melissa's Produce box. They are always perfect and in the season when I get them.
Add the grated apples to the wet ingredients. Now, combine the dry and the wet together. Transfer the batter to a pastry bag or a ziplock bag.
Snip off the end to create a hole big enough for the batter to come out.
Spray your baking pans with nonstick cooking spray.
Squeeze the batter into the cavities of the donut hole pan and transfer to the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
While the donuts are baking, it's time to get our pecan cinnamon-sugar mixture ready.
In a small skillet, toast 1/2 cup of chopped pecans on medium-high heat just until they start to smell fragrant, about 2-5 minutes.
Once they are toasted, remove them from the heat and allow them to cool. In a food processor, add the pecans and the cinnamon and pulse until the mixture is ground up.
When the donuts are done baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes.
Melt your butter in a small bowl. Dip the tops of the baked donuts in the butter and then coat them with the pecan cinnamon-sugar mixture.
That's it! Your house will smell amazing and everyone will RAVE about these donuts.
Check out the other bloggers recipes below
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers, Cocktails, and Snacks
- Apple Cider Old-Fashioned from Books n' Cooks
- Fall Charcuterie Board from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet And Spicy Pecans from Simple and Savory
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Pecan Granola from Family Around The Table
- Apple Cinnamon Bread from Life Love and Good Food
- Apple Pecan Scones from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Gluten-Free Apple Cider Doughnuts from Frugal & Fit
- Pecan Cinnamon Sugar Baked Apple Donuts from Jen Around the World
Soups and Salads
- Balsamic Glazed Cipollini Onions from West Via Midwest
- Roasted Cipollini Onions With Sherry Vinegar And Thyme from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Butternut Squash And Chestnut Kebabs from Magical Ingredients
- Cider Brined Baked Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cider Tea Madeleines from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Apple Crumb Bars from SueBee Homemaker
- Apple Nachos from Take Two Tapas
- Butterscotch Blondies from That Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Fresh April Flours
- Fall Fruit Galette from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Giant Butterscotch Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Gluten-Free Apple Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake from Art of Natural Living
- Pear & Butternut Squash Crisp from Savory Moments
- Pecan Pound Cake from Soulfully Made
- Sour Cream Apple Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe from Lemon Blossoms
Enter to Wina Rafflecopter giveaway
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa's Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa's, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn's
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn's Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn's has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway.
Entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.
For the apple donuts
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 whole apples, grated
For the pecan cinnamon-sugar coating
- 4 tablespoons of butter melted
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Set aside the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, sugar, milk, nutmeg, and applesauce. Mix until combined.
- Grate the apples and then add them to the wet mixture.
- Now, stir the dry into the wet. Transfer the batter to a pastry bag or a ziplock bag. Snip the tip off to create a hole.
- Spray the donut pans with non-stick cooking spray. Pipe the batter into each donut hole cavity.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the donuts are baked through.
- While the donuts are baking let's make the cinnamon and pecan sugar mixture.
- Toast the chopped pecans on the stove over medium-high heat until fragrant. This should take about 2-5 minutes. Be careful and don't let them burn.
- Give them a few minutes to cool off. Then, mix them with the cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until the pecans are ground up.
- Now, mix the sugar with the pecan cinnamon mixture.
- When the donuts have finished baking, let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Now, melt the butter in a small dish. Take the donuts and dip them in the butter and then dip into the pecan cinnamon sugar mixture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g