I discovered this recipe for Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken while browsing Pinterest the other day. It is simply TO die for so I thought I would share the recipe with you.
For Christmas, I bought myself a DSLR camera because I wanted to update my food blogging to better photos.
My daughter has taken over the camera and her food photography is simply awesome. I mean look at that dish. It makes you want to dive right in, right?
I discovered this recipe on Pinterest the other day and knew I wanted to recreate it to share with you all. What I did not expect was how freaking delicious it was going to be.
Here is what you need to start with. . .
How to Make Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
The majority of these ingredients should be right in your pantry.
First step is to cut up your chicken into 1″ chunks.
Mix together all your spices and ingredients and place those and the chicken in your slow cooker.
Let it cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1-.5-2 hours.
Now — if you have a Ninja 3 in 1 cooker like I do, you can simply leave it in this pot and turn it over to stovetop and cook right into the pot.
The original recipe states to take the chicken out and pour the sauce into a sauce pot and put on the stove and heat. You will add the corn starch and water mixture to this and let it heat until it gets thick. Then you will add the chicken back in and mix together before pouring over the rice.
BUT — I have the Ninja, so I just did it all in one pot. 🙂 Less mess that way!
Serve it over rice with toasted sesame seeds and green onions sprinkled over the top. It is SO delicious.
Here's the printable recipe for you —
This recipe has been adapted from The Gunny Sack.
Check out these other Asian inspired dishes
- 2½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ tsp crushed red peppers
- 6 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions, sliced
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and put into slow cooker.
- Mix together honey, low-sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, garlic, onion, barbecue sauce and crushed red peppers in a small bowl.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and stir to coat. Cook on low for 3½ to 4 hours, or you can put it on high for 1.5-2 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, mix together the cold water and cornstarch and stir into the sauce.
- Turn your Ninja cooker over to stove top and let it start to bubble and thicken.
- If you do not have a Ninja, remove the chicken from the sauce and pour the sauce into a pan on the stove. Add in the cornstarch mixture and cook sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Turn the heat down to low, add chicken to sauce. Stir to coat while simmering.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 653Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 168mgSodium: 1053mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 1gSugar: 51gProtein: 58g