We made this Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken one night for dinner and it definitely has become a favorite for our family.
A while back, I found this amazing recipe on Pinterest that involved two of my favorite foods – cashews and chicken. This recipe is perfect because it is made in a slow cooker.
Making this dish is very very simple. Just put all your ingredients in the slow cooker and it does the job. You can serve this with a side of roasted broccoli and sticky rice for the perfect well-balanced Asian meal.
Why This Slow Cooker Meal is Delicious
If you like softer cashews you can add them during the cooking process. However, if you want more of a crunch, add them right before serving. I did both and then a sprinkling of green onions to finish it off.
This is one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I am getting back into my cooking mode lately. Making delicious food for you is something I truly enjoy.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
Check out these other slow cooker recipes
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, About 4 pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstach
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cashews
- Combine cornstarch and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with cornstarch mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sweet chili sauce sugar, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, and cashews in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.