Awhile back, I found this amazing recipe on Pinterest that involved two of my favorite foods – cashews and chicken. The other part of the recipe that I loved was the fact that it was cooked in the slow cooker which made it the perfect win for me.
We made this Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken one night for dinner and it definitely has become a favorite for our family.
Making this dish is very very simple — you just put all your ingredients in the slow cooker and it does the job. You can serve this with a side of my roasted broccoli and sticky rice for the perfect well balanced Asian meal.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, About 4 pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstach
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cashews
- Combine cornstarch and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with cornstarch mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sweet chili sauce sugar, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, and cashews in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
If you like softer cashews you can add them during the cooking process, but if you want more of a crunch, add them right before serving. I did both and then a sprinkling of green onions to finish it off.
This is one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I am getting back into my cooking mode lately where I am really enjoying making some delicious foods to share with you. I am even thinking of resurrecting my Foodie Wife website.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!