This beefy Dorito taco salad has become a family favorite easy dinner around here. Simple pantry ingredients make this the perfect quick weeknight dinner.
There are many times in life when you come across a recipe that becomes like a staple in your home. This recipe for Beefy Dorito Taco Salad is one of those ones that will make you fall in love with food and salad–all over again!
This easy ground beef recipe is so simple and uses the most basic pantry ingredients.
How to Make a Beefy Dorito Taco Salad
All you need to make this dish are —
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 bottle of honey Catalina dressing
- 1 small bag of iceberg lettuce
- 1 bag of Doritos Original Flavor
This recipe came to me from one of the ladies at our church. She makes this incredible salad with just a few ingredients, and it is SO filling.
Start by pouring your salad in a big mixing bowl. Then set aside.
Next, pour the entire contents of the bottle of dressing into the bowl with the salad and ground beef.
From this point, you can put it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. Once you are ready to serve, crush the Doritos in the bag. Make sure to get them down to smaller pieces. You are looking for bite-size pieces.
Pour the Doritos into the salad bowl right before serving and then mix all together.
This salad is by far one of my family's favorites and it is a great salad to use for get-togethers, potlucks and more.
Can I Use Other Dorito Flavors with This Salad?
The answer is yes. Of course, it will change the taste of the salad, but I cannot imagine it tasting bad at all!
Can I Sub Out Ground Chicken or Ground Turkey
Can I Use Just Regular Catalina Dressing?
Yes, you can. However, regular Catalina does not have the sweeter flavor that the honey Catalina does. If you are going to use regular, I would add about 1/4 cup of honey to your dressing before pouring over your salad.
What is your favorite salad recipe? This is one of my all-time favorites!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1 ½ ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 1 bag of iceberg salad lettuce
- 1 16 ounces bottle Sweet Honey Catalina dressing
- 1 14 ½ ounce bag Doritos, crushed
- Optional -- shredded onion, diced onion, diced tomatoes
- Brown meat with the taco seasoning mix, drain grease.
- Let meat cool a little and then mix with salad lettuce.
- Cool in the refrigerator. Right before serving, add the dressing, and crushed doritos to lettuce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 674mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 4gSugar: 41gProtein: 16g