My daughter has become a rock star at making delicious mason jar salad recipes. She recently created this layered taco salad in a jar for her to take to work.
She has been trying to save money and keep from eating out. After some Pinteresting and found some great meals that are super easy to throw together and hold up well in the refrigerator.
This recipe for taco salad just came together after having tacos one night for dinner. We had a lot of leftovers (which is always good for a lunch the next day). My daughter started packaging everything up and layering it to create this mason jar salad recipe.
How to Make a Layered Taco Salad in a Jar
Along with corn, I use 1 pound of ground beef (you can make it even better if using turkey). While you’re browning the meat over medium high heat, add your favorite taco seasoning, and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water. I use 3 tablespoons of my Homemade Taco Seasoning. Just remember to let the taco meat cool before using it in this layered taco salad recipe so you don’t wilt the lettuce.
The best part about a taco salad like this is that you can add just about anything to it and it will be great!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Frito Chips
- Cook taco meat. Let cool.
- Assemble the taco salad in a glass mason jar in the following order. The salsa goes at the bottom. Follow with half the lettuce. Then add the ground beef, corn, tomatoes, Feta Cheese and then finally top with Frito Chips.
- Add a guacamole to go cup for extra flavor.
- Keep chilled until served.
What is your favorite way to eat a layered taco salad?