If you grew up on Hamburger Helper, you are going to LOVE this recipe for Cheeseburger Pasta. Everything is cooked right in one pan!
When my kids were growing up and money was tight, one of their favorite meals happened to be Hamburger Helper. Being on a tight grocery budget, it usually only costs about $3 to make this meal. When the little red box came out, the kids would squeal with delight. Me? Not so much.
I didn’t like the taste of the sauce, so I set out to try my hardest to recreate this dish, making the sauce homemade — and I finally accomplished it!
If you love the taste of a good cheesy cheeseburger, you are going to FLIP over the taste of this Cheeseburger Pasta. The best part is that everything can be made in one pan. These types of recipes are my favorite for this very reason.
I have written a lot about one pan recipes here on the blog —
- My One Pan Spaghetti Bake
- This One Pan Lemon Shrimp and Asparagus
- My One Pan Steak Fajitas
- One Pan Ranch Chicken and Veggies
The possibilities for one pan dinners are endless!
You can’t use just any skillet either. You need something that can go from stove to oven to table (which is why I love my Lodge Cast Iron Deep Skillet).
I finally broke down earlier this year and bought this cast iron skillet for myself. I am a sucker for anything cast iron these days, and this one has quickly become my favorite.
You can purchase them on Amazon for around $60, but this time of year, you might be able to find a deal on them. There are some cheaper brands on there, but I am not really sure how well they hold up.
How to Make Cheeseburger Pasta
To make this dish, you should have everything on hand in the pantry (that’s my secret — a well-stocked pantry!)
I used everything I had on hand –
- 1/2 bag of wide egg noodles
- 1 pound of ground beef from my Butcher Box Sample Pack
- 1 cup of sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- Cornstarch, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, water, and milk
Brown your ground beef and then drain. Now, add all your liquids and spices into the mix and then top it off with your noodles.
If you do not have egg noodles, you can use whatever noodle you have on hand — elbow macaroni, bow tie pasta, spaghetti noodles, etc.
Turn it on high until it starts to boil. Then turn on low and let it cook for about 12 minutes.
When it gets done, you have this delicious pasta! Remove from heat and then top with the cheddar cheese. Place the lid back on and let it sit for a couple of minutes so the cheese can melt. When it is done, it looks and tastes better than any Hamburger Helper I have ever had.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 bag wide egg noodles(or your noodle of choice)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- On medium-high heat, brown your ground beef in a deep skillet.
- Drain the fat off the meat and put it back in the pan/pot. Add the hot water and milk and then all of your spices, cornstarch, and pasta. Mix everything together. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer and put the lid on. Cook for about 12 minutes. Remove the lid. Add the cheese and place the lid back on for two minutes.
- Remove lid and mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper and then enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 95mg Sodium: 310mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 26g