If you are looking for a great side dish to make, then look no further! These Brown Butter Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots are the most amazing and tasty side dish you will ever prepare.
I discovered the recipe for these when I was looking for a new way to make carrots other than boiling them on the stove top straight out of the can.
I had 2 bunches that were at the point of being thrown away, so in my effort to use up and not waste any food these days, I tweaked an online recipe until I came up with these flavorful carrots.
Carrots are relatively inexpensive at the store — especially if you are shopping at ALDI. Most time, a bag of carrots cost me like .79 and lasts for several meals.
How to Make Brown Butter Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
To start with, you need to make sure to brown the butter. All this means is that you place your butter in a sauce pan and you let it melt until it just starts to turn color. If you let it go too long you will burn it. Browned butter has the most amazing nutty flavor and really enhances anything you drizzle it on.
Next, peel and chop your carrots. For the bigger ends, I just halve them and for the small ends I just leave them whole.
The carrots get tossed in this delicious garlic infused sauce and then they roast in the oven. I love to roast my veggies because it gives them a tender center and a crisp edge, not to mention those adorable charred crunchy spots! It only takes about 15 minutes until these carrots are done, and believe me when I say they are SO SO GOOD.
They make such a perfect side to your next meal. I promise that you will agree that these carrots are the best that you have ever had!
- 2 lb large carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces , (baby carrots will also work)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- salt and pepper for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium saucepan add the butter and cook over medium high heat. Continue to whisk for a few minutes until the butter starts to become frothy and brown. Add the honey and garlic and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl add the carrots and drizzle the sauce on top. Toss until coated and spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with your favorite meat dish!