This easy Crockpot Beef and Broccoli dish will be your favorite easy takeout night dinner recipe. It is simple and easy to make and you can leave the Chinese restaurant behind!
We love making our own version of a homemade takeout night at home.
If you have been around here for any length of time, you have heard me bragging about my homemade sweet and sour sauce.
This recipe was originally published on September 4, 2012. It has recently been updated with new photos and cooking instructions.
This recipe uses beef consumme and if you are not sure where to find it in the store, it is on the soup aisle.
How to make Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
For starters, you are going to need a really good cut of beef — like a beef chuck roast. Slice it into thin strips, about 1″. This is easier to do if you let it freeze for a couple of hours before slicing.
Once you get the beef sliced, place in the crockpot.
In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
At the end of your cook time, stir cornstarch and sauce in a cup until combined and then pour in the crockpot with the beef and sauce. Make sure to mix it together until it is all smooth.
Add broccoli to the crockpot. Stir to combine. (also add any other veggies at this time as well) and then let it cook for another 30 minutes. Serve over rice for the perfect weeknight meal.
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consumme
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Put the following ingredients in after the first cook time of 6-8 hours
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sauce from the crockpot after being cooked
- Fresh broccoli florets, as many as desired
- Hot cooked rice
- Slice beef in thin slices (doing this from a half frozen roast and then place beef in a crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- At the end of your cook time, stir cornstarch and sauce in a cup until combined and then pour in the crockpot with the beef and sauce.
- Mix it together until smooth.
- Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine. (also add any other veggies at this time as well)
- Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 1001mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 17g