This post and recipe for my Eyeball Monster Cookies were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! Some of the sponsor companies sent me samples but as always opinions are 100% mine.
The one thing about most cookie recipes I love is that you can decorate them and make them any way you want. That is what I did with my normal sugar cookie recipe.
Using my favorite recipe, and a few ingredients from my pantry, I was able to create these Eyeball Monster Cookies.
How to Make Eyeball Monster Cookies
To make these, start with a cookie base — for this one we used sugar cookies.
The best sugar to use in my opinion is Dixie Crystals.
In a bowl, combine the sugar and butter and cream together. Once it is fluffy, add in your vanilla and egg. I love Adam's Extract Vanilla for these cookies.
Once you get all the cookie dough mixed together with the dry ingredients, split the dough between three bowls. Using your food coloring (again we used Adam's Extract), choose 3 colors.
We did blue, green, and purple (purple is made using blue and red).
Once you get it all mixed together, take a little from each bowl and combine together to create a tie-dyed cookie.
Place on a cookie sheet and let bake for 8-10 minutes in a 375-degree oven.
When the cookies come out, simply press in some candy eyes. I have a multi-pack from Wilton with all the different sizes.
Let the cookies harden and with that, you have the best Halloween cookies! They are perfect for school parties, lunch boxes, or wherever you need to pass out a cookie.
- 2 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 different food coloring options
- candy eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bow -- flour, baking soda, baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Once mixed together well, add in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix the dry into the wet and mix well.
- Separate the dough into 3 bowls. Using your food coloring choices, color each bowl a different color.
- Take a little from each bowl and create a cookie ball. Roll together and then place on the baking sheet.
- Do this with the rest of the cookies. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the cookies come out, place the eyeballs on the warm cookies. Allow to cool to room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g