Thank you PEBBLES™ Cereal for sponsoring this Fruity PEBBLES™ Freak Shake recipe. PEBBLES™ Cereal is gluten-free and a great inclusive option for your family!
I don't know about you, but I love a good milkshake these days. Regular milkshakes are okay — but freak shakes are all the rage and so much fun to make at home. Since November is gluten-free awareness month, I am creating a fabulous milkshake that is full of cereal, but is entirely gluten-free!
If you have never heard the term freak shake, it is basically a milkshake that is stuffed with all kinds of things — cereal, donuts, krispy treats, and more. I have been craving a good strawberry milkshake recently, so I created this Strawberry shortcake freak shake featuring one of my favorite cereals —Fruity PEBBLES™.
How to Make Fruity PEBBLES™ Freak Shake
To make this freak shake, you need to first make a batch of delicious Fruity PEBBLES™ Rice Krispy Treats. We love these and make them all the time.
By the way — did you know that Fruity PEBBLES™ and Cocoa PEBBLES™ are both gluten-free? I have been eating these cereals my entire life and just now realized that. This makes me happy because I can make these freak shakes and serve them to my friends and family who cannot have any gluten.
PEBBLES™ cereal is not just for breakfast these days. In fact, it is great for snacks, desserts, and like me — a bowl as dessert after dinner.
If you are eliminating gluten from your diet, that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice flavor. PEBBLES™ cereal is full of bold and beautiful colors and they really add some great flavors to all your snacking choices.
Now — let's finish those shakes!
Once you get the krispy treats done, set them aside.
Now, in a large measuring cup, add in 3 scoops of strawberry ice cream and 1/4 cup of milk. Place in the microwave and soften (but don't completely melt) for 20 seconds.
Once you get it softened, 1/2 cup of Fruity PEBBLES™. Mix well together and set aside.
Now, in another shallow bowl, add in 1/4 cup of marshmallow fluff and heat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to get it loose and melty. Remove from the microwave and stir with a spoon. Take your mason jar and dip it into the marshmallow fluff, making sure to coat it on each side.
Pour some Fruity PEBBLES™ on a plate and roll the marshmallow fluff mason in the cereal. Be sure and coat it all.
Take the strawberry ice cream mixture and pour into your mason jar. By now, the cereal has started getting soft, which is what you want because it will be easier to suck it up the straw.
Top the shake with all kinds of whipped topping, with an extra sprinkling of Fruity PEBBLES™. Add on one of those Fruity PEBBLES™ Krispy Treats to finish it off and then enjoy!
When you are drinking this shake, it will be just like eating a big bowl of Fruity PEBBLES™ and drinking the bowl of milk at the end.
- Fruity PEBBLES™ Rice Krispy Treats
- 3 scoops of strawberry ice cream
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of Fruity PEBBLES™ for the shake
- 1/4 cup of Marshmallow Fluff
- Extra Fruity PEBBLES™ for the rim of the glass and the top
- Whipped Topping
- In a microwavable measuring glass, add in 3 scoops of strawberry ice cream and 1/4 cup of milk. Melt for 20 seconds to loosen the ice cream.
- Now, add in 1/2 cup of Fruity PEBBLES™ and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In another shallow microwavable bowl, add 1/4 cup of marshmallow fluff and melt for 15-20 seconds. Sitr and set it aside.
- take a small mason jar and dip in the marsmallow fluff. Sprinkle on the Fruity PEBBLES™ cereal where all the marshmallow fluff is showing.
- Now, pour in the strawberry ice cream and top with whipped topping and more Fruity PEBBLES™ cereal.
- Insert your straw and drink away!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
THE FLINTSTONES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Hanna-Barbera. (s19)