This post and recipe were created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Here we are at the end of Halloween Treats Week and I saved the cutest for last. These Ghost Meringue cookies are made with swiss meringue and then decorated with melted semi-sweet chocolate.
If you want a cute and spooky treat, this is it for you!
How to Make Ghost Meringue Cookies
You want to make sure that all your equipment is super clean and doesn't have any water whatsoever anywhere — not even a drip.
In a double boiler, stir the egg whites and the sugar over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
Immediately remove it from the heat and place it into your stand mixer and whisk until nice and shiny and stiff. Start out slow and then speed up as you go. You can use meringue powder or cream of tarter to ensure your ghosts will be super stiff.
Add in vinegar and cornstarch and fold together with a rubber spatula. Use rubber as this will ensure that you do not break your egg whites. Be gentle when folding together.
Then, add to your piping bag fitted with a 1″ round tip. Pipe the ghosts onto parchment paper. You can do different size ghosts.
Bake in a 195-degree oven for 90 minutes. Don't open the door. Once the 90 minutes is done, turn the oven off and crack the door.
Once the meringues have cooled, melt a few chocolate chips in the microwave and decorate your cookies with the end of a tiny paintbrush or a skewer.
Check out these other delicious Halloween Recipes
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Melted Witch Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Blood Splatter Donuts from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Apple Cider Donut Whoopie Pies from Pint Sized Baker
- Graveyard Pudding Cups from Fresh April Flours
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Monster Donuts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Witches' Brew Whiskey Sour from The Redhead Baker
- Witches Hat Cheese Ball from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies from Eat Move Make
- Layered Halloween Jello from from House of Nash Eats
- Mummy Wrapped Brie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cupcakes from The Flour Handprint
- Spider Cake from Baking Up Memories
- Halloween Candy Cracker Toffee from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Old Fashioned Apple Fritters from It’s Shanaka
- Pumpkin Mint Patties from Sweet Beginnings
- Butterfinger Ice Cream (No-Churn) from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Frogs from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Cupcake Treat Board from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Melted Witch Icebox Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skull Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Brownie Pizza from Back To My Southern Roots
- Halloween Mini Bat Taco Cheeseballs from Savory Moments
Enter to Win
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Ghost Meringue Cookies
These ghost cookies are perfect for Halloween. Easy to make with a perfect Marshmallow flavor.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 195 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Get your piping bag ready and set aside.
- Stir the egg whites together with the sugar over a double boiler on medium heat until the sugar dissolves. This will take about 5-8 minutes.
- Once the sugar dissolves, remove it from the double boiler and add to your stand mixer.
- Start whisking at low speed. Add in the cream of tartar or meringue powder.
- Continue whisking on high until it becomes glossy and you get stiff peaks.
- Fold in the white vinegar and the cornstarch with a rubber spatula.
- Once it is ready, transfer it to the piping bag. Pipe the in different sizes on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 90 minutes making sure to not open the door while it is cooking.
- When it is done baking, open the oven door slightly and let the cookies cool for an hour.
- While the cookies are cooling, melt the chocolate chips. Decorate the cookies using a toothpick or a skewer.
- Store in a cool dry place.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g