My husband loves pecan pie. As I told you before, when he loves something, I do my very best to fix it for him. I am not a fan of pecans. However, this pie turned out to be so. darn. good.
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Arrange pecans in bottom of pie crust and pour mixture over.
- Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing.
I can remember having pecan pie for as long as I can remember. Growing up, it was one of my mom's specialty pies that everyone wanted to take home with them. She made them at Christmas, Thanksgiving, and anytime we went to someone's house for dinner.
To say that she could cook a mean pecan pie is an understatement.
The first time I made one, I was afraid that mine would not taste good, but boy was I wrong. My husband LOVED it and told me that I had to make him one all the time — every holiday.
What about you? What is your favorite pie to make?