These praline pecans are some of the easiest snacks you will ever make. Store them in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
One of my all-time favorite candies at Christmas is Praline Pecans.
I love making these all times of the year, but during the holidays, these are perfect for gift baskets, appetizers for a party, or just a snack while you are watching your favorite Christmas movie.
This post was originally published on December 11, 2015, but has recently been updated.
How to Make Praline Pecans
You only need a few ingredients when you are making this Praline Pecans recipe. All of these are pantry ingredients you should have on hand (if you stocked it as I told you to — here's the free printable fall pantry checklist).
Start by mixing together the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.
In another bowl, mix together an egg white and water. Mix that together and then, in a large bowl, combine pecans with egg white and water.
Then toss in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat all the pecans well.
Now, line a tray with aluminum foil (please do not forget this step. You will thank me later). Pour out your pecans on this tray and put them in a preheated 250-degree oven.
You will bake them for one hour. Every 15 minutes, pull them out and stir them. It will look yucky as it is baking, but don't give up. They will turn out amazing and delicious.
Once they come out, mix one last time and let the sugars harden on the nuts. Once they do, you can store them in mason jars, or serve them just like we did — in a bowl on a beautiful napkin.
Looking for more snack ideas? Check out these delicious recipes!
Do you have a favorite pecan recipe?
- 12 ounces of Pecan halves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat egg white and water until frothy. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Take pecans and mix with egg and water mixture. Stir until all pecans have been coated.
- Pour in your sugar mixture and continue to stir pecans until they are coated well in sugar mixture.
- Pour pecans onto the foil lined cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Every 15 minutes remove from the oven and stir with a silicone spatula.
- At the end of the hour, remove from the oven and allow pecans to cool. Box up and give as a gift or serve at a party or function.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g