Fall is right around the corner and these Air Fryer Pumpkin Hand Pies couldn't be easier to make!
If you hate dealing with oil when making fried hand pies, this is the post for you. These pies are made in the air fryer with minimal ingredients and taste amazing. You will never make these sweet treats any other way again.
How to Make Air Fryer Pumpkin Hand Pies
This recipe is super simple. You only need pie dough, pumpkin butter, and two ingredients for the icing.
I bought myself a handy dandy dough press and it has cut down on the time in getting the dough the right size and consistency.
Once you roll the dough out, use the dough press to measure the size you need. I just flip it over and trace around it. Cut the circle out, place in the middle of the dough press and fill it with the pumpkin butter.
Use the dough press to seal it closed. Use a pastry cutter to cut off any excess. Then, take a fork and go around the edges to crimp making sure nothing will leak out.
Place a parchment paper sheet in the air fryer and lay out the hand pies in a single layer. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and then air fry at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Flip the pies over and bake for another 12 minutes.
You can bake them longer if you want a browner crust.
Remove the hand pies from the air fryer and allow them to cool for 5 minutes. While the pies are cooling, make the glaze.
Mix together 3 cups of powdered sugar, and 2-4 tablespoons of milk. Start with less and add more as needed. The glaze should be thick but not too thick. It will air dry hard on the top.
Dip the pies face down and lay on a cooling rack to dry.
Looking for more hand-pie recipes? Try these!
- 14.1 ounce refrigerated package pie crust (2 crusts) or use my homemade pie crust recipe!
- jar of pumpkin butter or use my recipe for homemade pumpkin butter
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons of milk
- Make the pie dough according to my recipe if you are making homemade dough. If you are using store-bought dough, roll it out and let it come to room temperature.
- Use the dough filler, lay it on the pie crust upside down, and trace around it. Use a knife and cut the circles out.
- Place one circle in the middle of the dough filler and add a tablespoon of pumpkin butter to the inside.
- Squeeze the dough filler shut until the edges seal together.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut off the excess dough.
- Place the pies in the air fryer. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Flip the pies and bake for an additional 12 minutes.
- Remove the air fryer and let the pies cool. While the pies are cooling, mix the powdered sugar and milk together.
- Dip each pie into the icing. Only one side is needed for the dipping. Lay on a parchment-lined baking sheet to dry.