This rich and Creamy Pumpkin Coconut Soup made with pumpkin purée and coconut milk is packed full of flavor and ready in 20 minutes.
I was so excited to make this soup. The weather was a cool crisp 50 degrees and the rain was coming down, so it just called for a hearty soup like Pumpkin Coconut Soup.
How to Make This Comforting Bowl of Goodness
Now, for this recipe, I roasted a small pumpkin, but you can skip this step to cut down on the time and just use a can of pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin on its own is not very sweet, so to add to the sweetness of this soup, I added a sweet potato and a couple of carrots as well. Those two veggies are sweet and pair perfectly well with pumpkin flavor.
Once the veggies are roasted, the rest is a breeze — just dump in a pot, puree with a stick blender and then enjoy! It's really that simple.
This soup reminds me of a Thai coconut curry, but without the curry. I love serving this Creamy Pumpkin Coconut Soup with toasted pumpkin seeds for crunch, and a sprinkling of dill. The dill really makes this soup pop!
Check out these other delicious soup recipes
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Quick and Easy Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 1 small pumpkin peeled, seeded, and cut into small 1" pieces (you can skip this step and use 1 14.5 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed into 1" pieces
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced small
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 13.6 ounce can of Unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups of veggie broth
- 3 tablespoons of pepita seeds
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped dill
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a large baking sheet, toss the onion, carrots, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle on salt and pepper and toast together. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large dutch oven and saute the garlic with the coriander, paprika, and ginger. Saute for about a minute, and then add the coconut milk.
- Now add the broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat.
- Add in the roasted veggies and using a stick blender, puree until the soup is smooth.
- Top with roasted pepita seeds and fresh chopped dill.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 10gSugar: 10gProtein: 7g