This rich and Creamy Pumpkin Coconut Soup made with pumpkin purée and coconut milk is packed full of flavor and ready in 20 minutes.
If you know anything about me at all, you should know that I am a huge lover of pumpkin! I have made so many savory and sweet pumpkin dishes like my 20 Minute Pumpkin Butter or my Pumpkin Ravioli.
I was so excited to make this soup. The weather was a cool crisp 50 degrees and the rain was coming down, so it just called for a hearty soup like Pumpkin Coconut Soup.
How to Make This Comforting Bowl of Goodness
Now, for this recipe, I roasted a small pumpkin, but you can skip this step to cut down on the time and just use a can of pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin on its own is not very sweet, so to add to the sweetness of this soup, I added a sweet potato and a couple of carrots as well. Those two veggies are sweet and pair perfectly well with pumpkin flavor.
Once the veggies are roasted, the rest is a breeze — just dump in a pot, puree with a stick blender and then enjoy! It's really that simple.
This soup reminds me of a Thai coconut curry, but without the curry. I love serving this Creamy Pumpkin Coconut Soup with toasted pumpkin seeds for crunch, and a sprinkling of dill. The dill really makes this soup pop!
Check out these other delicious soup recipes
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Quick and Easy Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Coconut Pumpkin Soup
Delicious and comforting soup for the fall. Full of pumpkin flavor.
- 1 small pumpkin peeled, seeded, and cut into small 1" pieces (you can skip this step and use 1 14.5 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed into 1" pieces
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced small
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 13.6 ounce can of Unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups of veggie broth
- 3 tablespoons of pepita seeds
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped dill
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a large baking sheet, toss the onion, carrots, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle on salt and pepper and toast together. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large dutch oven and saute the garlic with the coriander, paprika, and ginger. Saute for about a minute, and then add the coconut milk.
- Now add the broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat.
- Add in the roasted veggies and using a stick blender, puree until the soup is smooth.
- Top with roasted pepita seeds and fresh chopped dill.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 10gSugar: 10gProtein: 7g