This recipe for Banana Pecan Muffins is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
One of my favorite kinds of homemade bread is banana bread. My daughter just made a new batch last night. However, now that I have tasted this super easy Banana Pecan Muffin recipe, I may never want just plain old banana bread again!
We cook a lot of things with Banana — banana bread brownies (these are amazing), chocolate chip banana bread (this is a game-changer here) and my old fashioned banana pudding.
What sets these muffins over the top are the pecans I used from Millican Pecan. This was my first introduction to them, and I am totally sold from here on out about their product.
They have all kinds of products and we have been experimenting with a few and have more recipes to share in the coming weeks that feature pecans.
But for now, let me tell you about these amazing Banana Pecan Muffins.
How To Make Banana Pecan Muffins
The inside of the muffin is full of delicious banana and pecan flavor. They are super moist. When they cook up, the tops puff up and look great. The added extra pecans to the top really set it off and make them look amazing.
The flavor combo of pecans and bananas pair so well together.
These Banana Pecan Muffins are great for breakfast or as a snack and can be ready in no time. These muffins are not only moist and delicious and bursting with flavor, but they are also so easy to make.
Banana Pecan Muffins
This easy recipe will become a favorite snack and breakfast idea.
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped or walnuts
- ⅓ cup pecans, chopped for sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Now, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Now, add melted butter, brown sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Stir until well combined.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, do not over mix.
- Fold in the Millican chopped pecans and stir.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the top of each banana pecan muffin with a few chopped pecans before baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once you remove from the oven, let the muffins rest for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and enjoy with a fresh pat of butter
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g