You’ll love this Oreo Cheesecake! If the filling of an Oreo is your favorite, then this is the cheesecake for you. It tastes just like the Oreo filling!
During the holidays my son wanted to try his hand at making an Oreo Cheesecake. The dessert was such a hit with everyone! It is a definite keeper. The best part is that it can be made any time of the year!
I knew that I was going to love this dessert because cheesecake is my jam. Anytime I am eating out anywhere, if cheesecake is on the menu, I am leaving with a piece.
So — let's get into making this delicious and creamy cheesecake.
How to Make the Best Oreo Cheesecake
For the crust, use a food processor and blend the Oreos into fine crumbs. Now, mix that with the melted butter.
Grab your springform pan and line it with Parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the bottom and use your hands to press the crust up the sides of the pan. I like to use a measuring cup to pack the crust down as firmly as you can get it.
Then, bake it for 10 minutes at 325 degrees.
Mix all the ingredients together for the cheesecake portion — cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla extract, eggs, and Oreo Crumbs.
Pour the cheesecake into the pan and bake for 60-75 minutes.
Cool the cheesecake for at least 4 hours.
Let's Make the Ganache Topping
To make the ganache, pour hot cream over the chocolate chips and allow it to sit for a minute or two before stirring. Now mix until it is smooth and shiny.
Pour the ganache over the top of the cooled cheesecake and allow it to set up for about an hour.
Top it with Oreo whipped topping and serve!
Check out these other delicious cheesecake recipes
- The Best Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Copycat Recipe- Cheesecake Factory Key Lime Cheesecake
- No-Bake Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
For the Oreo Crust
- 2 ½ cups Oreo crumbs
- 5 tablespoon butter, melted
For the Oreo Cheesecake
- 24 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup White granulated sugar
- ½ cup Sour cream
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 cup Oreo pieces
- ½ cup Oreo crumbs
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Heavy cream
For the Oreo Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup Powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Oreo crumbs super fine crumbs
- For the crust -- Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray. Place parchment paper on the bottom of the pan and spray again. Set aside.
- Use a food processor to crush up Oreos into super fine crumbs. You will need about 2 ½ cups of Oreo crumbs.
- In a small bowl, stir the melted butter and Oreo crumbs together until all wet and combined.
- Pour the crumbs into the spring form pan. Use your fingers to press the crust evenly across the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan. Use the back of a measuring cup to compact the crust down.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- For the cheesecake -- Use a mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar on high until nice and creamy.
- Add the sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla to the batter and mix on medium for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Now, fold in the Oreo crumbs and Oreo pieces gently.
- Pour batter on top of the Oreo crust.
- Place the cheesecake in the oven and bake for 60-75 minutes. It is done baking when the edges are set, and the middle has a slight jiggle.
- Turn off the oven and crack the door open, and let it sit for 30 minutes to let the cheesecake slowly cool. This will help prevent cracking in the cake.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool completely. Cover in foil and place in the fridge to cool for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For the chocolate ganache -- Pour chocolate chips into a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the heavy cream using a saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until hot and steaming, but not boiling.
- Pour it over the chocolate chips. Let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Use a silicone spatula and stir consistently until smooth and glossy.
- Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake. Cool in the freezer for at least 10 minutes or in the fridge for an hour.
- Once the ganache has set, make the Oreo whipped topping.
- Combine the heavy cream, vanilla, powdered sugar, and Oreo crumbs in the cold metal bowl.
- Use a mixer to beat whipped cream on high until stiff peaks form. It should be thick enough to pipe with.
- Pipe the Oreo whipped cream on top of the cake. Top with extra Oreo crumbs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 551Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 7g