Pumpkin Bundt Cake — a classic fall dessert that is perfectly spiced. Each bite is moist with tender. The best part about this cake is the luscious cream cheese maple glaze we topped it with. This bundt cake would make a great dessert to serve to your family and guests this Thanksgiving.
Nothing says fall to me like delicious pumpkin desserts and this one is no exception.
This pumpkin bundt cake is one of the best cakes we have made. It has just the right amount of warm spices in it to give it the perfect flavor. The flavors are not too strong or too weak.
You can still taste pumpkin in the cake. The addition of maple syrup in the cream cheese glaze is perfect to match the pumpkin, too.
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the pumpkin bundt cake
- Canned pumpkin
- baking soda
- spices: cinnamon + ginger + nutmeg + allspice + cloves
For the cream cheese maple glaze
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Bake the cake in a greased and floured bunt pan. You can also bake this cake in 9×13 inch pan as well. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.
Let the cake cool in a pan for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan and let it cool on a wired rack. You want to cool this cake completely before drizzling the glaze on top.
Make the Cream Cheese Maple Glaze
Beat softened cream cheese until fluffy. Add the maple syrup and continue to beat. Slowly add the powdered sugar until smooth.
Pour over the cake and allow it to drip down the sides.
Check Out these other delicious cake recipes
For the cake
- 2-1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
For cream cheese maple glaze
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and the spices in a bowl.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, eggs, and oil. Whisk well until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool the cake completely.
- To make the cream cheese maple glaze, beat softened cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the maple syrup and continue to beat.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Pour over the cake. Serve and enjoy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 588Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 364mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 2gSugar: 54gProtein: 7g