This brie apple and honey crostini appetizer looks so elegant but takes less than 15 minutes to prepare.
With the holidays here and many parties on your calendar, I figured I would share with you some of my all-time favorite appetizers.
This is a brand new one to me that I discovered this year, but has quickly become a favorite for two reasons. It takes less than 15 minutes to make this Brie Apple and Honey Crostini.
And the second is because it is made with brie cheese — one of my favorite cheeses.
This appetizer is so easy to make and I can promise you that with your first bite, you will have a very hard time eating just one. 15-minute recipes are my jam. You can find more of my favorites by clicking here.
If you have never had a bite of warm brie cheese, you are totally missing out. It is super creamy and when mixed with apples, apple butter, and toasted almonds on a crunchy piece of bread. I am telling you it is simply pure heaven.
My daughter and I are huge fans of this appetizer and I plan on taking it to a few parties this year. The cool thing is that you can change this up in so many different ways.
You can choose a different jelly or jam. I used what I had on hand — apple butter– but you can totally use something different like blackberry, fig, pumpkin, etc.
We used Granny Smith apples, but I bet Gala or Honeycrisp would taste good too. I've also seen this made with different nuts, but we chose to crush almonds to use on top.
Honestly – I will be making this all season long — and not just for sharing with friends and family. I will be making this just to have for myself at home! It's THAT good!
Check out these other delicious brie recipes
- Blackberry Basil Balsamic Brie with Sweetened Toasted Pecans
- Proscuitto Brie and Honey Topped Crackers
- Spicy Bacon Onion Chutney Over Brie
- Chicken Liver Pâté Crostini from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Steak Crostini from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Grilled Vegetable Agrodolce Crostini from Palatable Pastime
- Pork BBQ Crostini from The Freshman Cook
- Raspberry Balsamic Crostini from Jen Around the World
- Roasted Tomato Crostini from Art of Natural Living
- Sun Dried Tomato Tapanade Crostini from That Recipe
- Turkey Barbecue Crostini from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- 1 loaf baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 jar apple butter
- 6 ounces brie cheese
- 2 large apples, sliced thinly (I used Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- Honey for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spread apple butter on one side of the baguette slices, about 1 tablespoon per slice. Place the baguette slices on a large baking sheet.
- Slice brie into thin slices and place on top of each crostini. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until brie is melted.
- While the brie is getting all warm and gooey in the oven, slice your apples very thin, about 1/4" thick and then slice each half into half.
- Remove the crostini from the oven and top with apple slices. Sprinkle crushed almonds evenly over the crostini and then drizzle lightly with the honey.
- Serve immediately to your friends and family. This also tastes great at room temperature as well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 425mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 10g