This recipe for One Pan Ranch Chicken and Veggies is perfect for a weeknight dinner when you are short on time and don't want to mess everything in the kitchen up.
Lately, I have been doing a lot of experimenting with one sheet pan dinners. What this is, is the perfect way to put a twist on cooking and make ALL of your food all on one tray, which frees up your time washing dishes and cooking in the kitchen.
Today I am going to share with you my favorite new sheet pan dinners — one I have made multiple times now — One Pan Ranch Chicken and Veggies Dinner.
All you need for this photo are just a few ingredients right from your pantry —
- Baby New Potatoes
- brown sugar
- Garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper for taste
- ranch seasoning mix packet
Making this dish is simple and easy and your family will RAVE about the taste. So — here is how you make this yummy dish!
One Pan Ranch Chicken and Veggies Dish
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Then take a sheet pan like this one that I have (it is fairly large to accommodate all the veggies and chicken) and spray it with cooking spray.
Now, take each chicken breast and rub it generously with 1 teaspoon of brown sugar per chicken breast.
The brown sugar melts into the chicken creating this delicious sweetness that you will definitely sit up and take notice of when the dish is done.
Now, take your carrots and peel them and then slice them into halves and set aside. Then take your new baby potatoes and halve those as well and set them aside.
Place chicken, potatoes and carrots in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Ranch Seasoning and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Place in the oven and roast the food until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
Then serve to your family for everyone to enjoy!
- 8 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces baby peeled carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1-ounce package Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Using your fingers, work the brown sugar, about 1 teaspoon per thigh, onto both sides of the chicken.
- Place chicken, potatoes and carrots in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Ranch Seasoning and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place into oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.* Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized and slightly charred.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 659mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 7g