These chocolate chip muffins are perfect as a snack, a go to breakfast, or even when you want a sweet treat. They are simple and easy to make!
I love homemade muffins. My favorite ones are the homemade blueberry muffins that I make, but my kids have always loved chocolate chip muffins, so I set out to learn how to make them from scratch as well.
I used to buy the storebought muffin mix pouches until I found out just how easy it is to make them homemade and they taste even better! So, today I am going to show you how you can make these amazing chocolate chip muffins as well.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Muffins
These muffins can be made using simple pantry ingredients you have right on hand. If you wonder what you should stock your pantry with, check out this free pantry printable I have you can download.
This is a simple one-bowl muffin recipe. No fancy tricks here!
Start by whisking together your dry ingredients. Then, mix together your wet ingredients.
You can use a mixing bowl if you like, but I like to use a 4 cup measuring bowl. It makes it easy to measure all the liquids and then add the dry at the end.
If you want really moist muffins, be sure not to overmix them when adding ingredients together.
When the batter is almost combined, mix in the chocolate chips, just until everything is combined.
To make sure your muffins come out even, use this ice cream scoop to put the batter into the muffin tin.
Let the muffins sit in the tins for a few minutes after coming out of the oven before removing them. Otherwise, the muffins may crumble.
If you want to make up an extra batch of these, they freeze really well. When you need them, just lay them out to thaw, then nuke them in the microwave to reheat them.
Looking for other muffin recipes? Check these out
What is your favorite muffin recipe?
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted then cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in melted butter, milk, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 cup full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g