If you love sweet breads, you are definitely going to love this one for Cinnamon Swirl Bread! I made this using my gorgeous Kitchenaind mixer and the recipe booklet that comes with it.
It also makes a great french toast. Simply slice it thicker than normal and then make it following any french toast recipe.
Ingredients for Bread
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 packages of active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 5 to 6 cups of all-purpose flour
Ingredients for cinnamon part
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Place mils, sugar, salt, and butter together in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a warmed mixer bowl. Add lukewarm milk mixture and 4 1/2 cups of flour. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix for 1 minute.
- Continuing on speed 2, add in the remaining flour, 1/2 a cup at a time, and mix until dough clings to hook and cleans the sides of the bowl, about 2 minutes. Knead on speed 2 for 2 minutes longer, or until dough is smooth and elastic. Dough will be slightly sticky to the touch.
- Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover. Let rise in a warm spot for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Roll each half out into a rectangle.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread each rectangle with 1 tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle each rectangle with half of the sugar mixture.
- Roll and shape loaves. Place in well greased loaf pans and cover.
- Allow to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Remove from pan immediately after coming out of the oven and allow to cool before slicing.