This easy lemon blueberry bread is the perfect compliment to a delicious cup of coffee and an evening with friends.
Whenever I have friends over, one of my favorite things to do is make something delicious for us to enjoy.
All of those are delicious, but none top this amazing Lemon Blueberry Bread that I recently made. It's a combination of two of my favorite flavors and instead of putting them in a muffin, I turned it into a bread to serve to friends and family.
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Bread
I have a trick that I use when making this bread that will allow your blueberries to bake evenly.
You need to coat your blueberries with a light dusting of flour. This will keep your blueberries from sinking into your bread.
When I first made this bread a few years ago, I did not do this step and my blueberries sank to the bottom of the bread and made the entire loaf stick to the pan.
So, just right before you mix your blueberries into the batter, take about 2 tablespoons of flour and pour them on your berries and give them a good coating and then shake the excess off.
Making this bread is one of the easiest recipes you will make. I love using fresh blueberries that I pick up from our local farmer's market, but you can totally use the ones from the store and you can even use frozen if you want — but I prefer the fresh ones.
I bake my bread in stone loaf pans like this one on Amazon. I love that it helps the bread bake evenly and it doesn't stick.
You can top this bread with a glaze if you want, but I left that off because I just like the lemon and blueberry flavor of the bread as it is.
If you want some other delicious sweet bread recipes I have shared on the blog, you can find those below —
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon juiced & zested
- 1 ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease & flour a standard-sized loaf pan.
- Using a zester, zest the lemon. Then, juice the lemon and set both things aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter & sugar. Next, add eggs and milk and lemon juice. Stir together.
- In another bowl, combine your dry ingredients -- flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- Combine the dry ingredients in with the wet and stir just until combined, do not over mix.
- In a separate bowl, toss your fresh blueberries with the two tablespoons of flour.
- Remove the blueberries from the excess flour and toss it into the batter. Fold in just until they are combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g