Did you know that you can make Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips in 10 minutes flat? My son and I love his recipes, so we decided to give it a try and put that 10 minute time mark to the test.
My son loves all things Gordon Ramsay. I have to say that I do too. If there was one chef personality I would love to meet it would be him.
I have watched all of his shows as well as his daughter Tilly. She's just as good of a cook as her dad. I love watching them in the kitchen cooking together.
Because of our love for him and his passion for food, we set out to make one of his most popular recipes — Gordon Ramsay fish and chips.
I watched his youtube video that he filmed in his home of him making this in 10 minutes. So, Robert and I set out to do the same!
Here's how it went.
How to Make Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips in 10 Minutes!
One of my bucket list moments is to go to Vegas so I can eat at one of Gordon Ramsay restaurants like Hell's Kitchen. I do not care how much it costs, I want to eat there.
Okay — now for this fish recipe —
You will need a white fish for this dish. We chose cod because that was what Gordon uses in his recipe, but you can use halibut, grouper, or any other light white fish you can find.
In a large skillet, go ahead and get your oil heating. I did mine over medium heat. Add about an inch of oil to the skillet. For this recipe, you are not deep frying, you are going to shallow fry.
Season the fish with salt and pepper. Set it aside.
In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, curry powder and beer. Then whisk egg whites till there are stiff peaks and fold into batter.
In a shallow dish, add a little more flour and a teaspoon of curry. This will be your dredging flour. Take the fish and coat both sides with the season flour.
Knock off the excess flour. Now, add it to the batter and coat both sides well. Make sure the fish is full coated and then place in the oil. Add it in slowly and away from you.
Once fish is in, baste the fish with oil. Let first side cook until golden brown and flip. Basting fish with oil on other side. Take pan on and off oil so that the oil does not get too hot. Fish should be in oil 3-3 1/2 minutes.
Remove from the oven and place on a paper towel to drain the oil. Place in a warm oven, about 250 degrees, to keep the fish toasty until ready to eat.
Chop potato into square, then chop into tall skinny fries (the skinnier the fry the quicker they will cook). Then roll in paper towel to dry any excess moisture. Add new oil to pain then add potatoes to high heat. Once fries are browned, remove from oil on to paper towel and add salt.
Serve with fish and enjoy!
Check Out these Other Delicious Seafood Recipes
- 4-6 pieces of cod filets
- 1/2 cup of self rising flour + additional to dredge fish in
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup of beer
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of curry, divided
- 1 large russet potato for fries
- oil for frying (vegetable or another flavorless oil)
- Get the oil in pan medium-high heat for frying before assembling ingredients.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, curry powder and beer.
- Now whisk egg whites till there are stiff peaks and fold into batter.
- In a shallow dish, add 1/4 cup of flour and 1 teaspoon of curry powder. This is your dredging flour.
- Season fish with salt, then coat with the dredging flour. Knock off excess flour and put into batter mixture. Make sure fish is fully battered and add to the oil.
- Once fish is in, baste the fish with oil. Let first side cook until golden brown and flip. Basting fish with oil on other side. Take pan on and off oil so that the oil does not get too hot. Fish should be in oil 3-3 1/2 minutes.
- Once finished put on plate with paper towel and put in warm oven
- Chop the potato into a square, then chop into tall skinny fries (the skinnier the fry the quicker they will cook).
- Then roll in paper towel to dry any excess moisture. Add new oil to pain then add potatoes to high heat.
- Once fries are browned, remove from oil on to paper towel and add salt.
- Serve with fish and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 623Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 220mgSodium: 780mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 79g